Omega Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omega Babies

The Maple Guild Alliance of BetaBabies and ZetaBabies

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Sigh, someone kicked me. =_=
Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:32 am by iTzCloudex

» what is going on betababies
Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 2:25 pm by jubjub01191

» LOL OMFG FML
Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:00 pm by iTzCloudex

» ashleys intro
Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:54 pm by ChaosConsumd

» The everything you need to know about Jett Guide
Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm by ChaosConsumd

» Maplestory Dll
Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:12 am by MiyagiShin

» Won't be around too much Pt2
Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:00 pm by MiyagiShin

» Selling Horntail Pendent!
Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:56 am by Hound00m

» Guild alliance (another one?)
Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:38 am by FarStryder

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:16 am

Diablo 3 Impressions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MiyagiShin
Guild Master
Guild Master
MiyagiShin

Diablo 3 Impressions  Empty
PostSubject: Diablo 3 Impressions    Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:28 pm

I got the chance to play the beta over the weekend and thought I would share some of my impressions of the game, Diablo 3.

One of the reason I'm a blizzard fan is because of the time they put in the game, in all the departments (sound, gamelplay, music.) Idea

I can tell you right away, the music and sound is amazing. really goes with the environment, which keeps a similar d2 theme.

Gear, items, drops is highly randomized cheers along with the actual dungeons. When I played through the same quest seven times with my witch doctor, each time it was different. Sometimes I even got events that popped up during my runs, other times it was very strait forward. I got several of the same common drops, but i never received an identical blue drop. I only received maybe 3 yellow drops in total, In all playthroughs, on all characters. The yellow drop items had more stat bonuses as opposed to the blues, 1-3 stat bonuses. I did not get any neck gear or ring slots. confused Not much to say about the design of sets, seemed kind of limited in the beta.

Diablo 3 Impressions  Hatred_discipline

The gameplay is at its core D2, which is probably why I am liking it so much. town portals, blacksmiths, etc. overall feel is similar. Skill tress are completely new as well as the addition of runes, which greatly change each skill. only 1 of 6 runes can be equipped now. Characters are balanced by their skill trees now. Essentially, this is done by limiting the amount of macros you can have set at a time to 6! two for the left and right click of the mouse. and 4 on keyboard. Since everyone will be getting the same moves if your playing the same character, this changes your encounters. I can tell you that even at level 13, all the characters I saw were using different abilities. I think in the future in the game we will see a lot of counter pick set ups, for now its hard to say whats op because the final game hasn't come out.

Class impressions:

Barbarian:
-Some of the highest weapon damage in the game.
-Armor is the highest
-duel wield and 360 attacks...
-Lot of "get over here" moves. lots of buffs, meter wont be hard to manage.
-Melee effective, anything else could be fail.
-Slow in comparison to other classes.
-Most strait forward class of the game.

Monk:
-Some of the highest resistance in the game
-Can heal himself for absurd amounts if correct rune slots are chosen
-extremely high damage skill moves. Ie: 7 palm strike does 777% weapon damage!
-Speed is very nice
-basically has a trinket (serenity, invulnerable for 3 seconds) scratch
-Damage is high, range abilities might be lacking, but he can vortex...
-hard to say if this guy will be able to sure kill, but he seems like he can survive anything

Demon Hunter:
-Lots of variety
-traps and high speed (highest?)
-High dps, very gear dependent (seemed to me that way)
-If able to manage hatred and discipline bars, could have the highest dps in game.
-able to space well with dodges, and flips.
-Not much resistance or defense wise (beside getting out of situations)

Witch Doctor:
-Lots of control and status moves
-special damage, with fire, poison, etc, huge amounts over time
-average dps, and speed, and armor. well rounded class
-tons of summons to swarm enemy
-Long range aoes
-seems weak to melee

Wizard:
-Tons of armor and resistance, to a particular set
-Good amount of summons
-long range moves, combo with teleport
-archon transformation?
-high damage, but might not be able to get damage of you besides tele.

Diablo 3 Impressions  Demonhunter-female

Overall seems extremely balanced. Every character should be able to counter each other. Monk seems like it could be ridiculously hard to kill with, serenity, and its healing moves at the same time regenerating spirit. Demon slayer seems like with Preparation it will always be throwing things at you infinitely. I'm staying with witch doctor cause it best suited my play style, and i feel that there might be some very interesting combo options their.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#agjRYT!bWU!aZYZac
Ideally this build will work and give me a 60% weapon damage stack, as well as 3 ways to immobilize (confuse or control, the hex, then the gargantuan hits them for stun)them while i throw a spirit (plus the rune) 190% plus additional 90%, 180% from the dark. hitting for a 460 every 4 seconds (add two seconds for the poison) in addition to statuses it could be an additional 60% for 520%. If gargantuan lands a hit its 100% added, along with the 3 second stun. dogs do 9% poison each. that's a lot damage damage all for getting hit with hex or confuse. study study study This is an example build of the witch doctor build i plan to aim toward. Note though, it can be changed at anytime. which is going to be the amazing part about this game.

For those who are wondering, I am still going to be playing MS, If you plan on getting this game, let me know and we can share ID's when the game comes out. I'll be running both game open at the same time Razz

Back to top Go down
http://randopolis.tumblr.com/
FarStryder
Banned
Banned
FarStryder

Aries Posts : 12

PostSubject: Ok..now you made me drool   Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:34 am

Aw man,Dave...wth? Now I'm seriously hyped up about D3. =D
Need to get my hands on it fast (unless I get error 37-ed). No Assasin class makes me a bit bummed though. D2-LOD Multiplayer was a tough world. you would get PvP-ed at a moment's notice if you let down your guard. But my Assasin build held its own and would scare away most PvPers..unless I get *shudder* mobbed.

But still,I think Monk would be my playstyle (been a Monk/Rogue character fan ever since the first Neverwinter Nights). I like fast hitters. Although,barbarian dual wield is very tempting lol.

Glad D3 finally came out though. I was making do with Dungeon Siege series and Titan Quest (they follow Diablo formula to a tee). Random drops are very fun as well. Makes you anxious everytime you get to a hard-fought chest in bottom level of a dungeon.

I'm guessing Witch Doctors replaced Necromancers in Diablo? Debuffers are always fun =D. Keep slaying demons and here's to hoping you get good legendary stuff Wink

Back to top Go down
MiyagiShin
Guild Master
Guild Master
MiyagiShin

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 Impressions    Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 2:27 am

FarStryder wrote:

I'm guessing Witch Doctors replaced Necromancers in Diablo? Debuffers are always fun =D. Keep slaying demons and here's to hoping you get good legendary stuff Wink

I would not say replace, the summon build really fall through once you get to hell mode. They Witch Doctor is all about long range and Control. I'd say its more like the hunter class in WoW.

PvP hasn't come out however, glad to see your hype. Feel free to hit me up on battlenet when you do get on! I'll be more then happy to power level people in this game!
Back to top Go down
http://randopolis.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 Impressions    Diablo 3 Impressions  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diablo 3 Impressions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Omega Babies :: Omega Babies :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: